Monday, June 25, 2012

Well Done, Sweet Friend

I promise that there are pictures coming...the boys got hair cuts - so, so fun!

But for now, I just wanted to do a short tribute to my amazing friend and sister in Christ, Laura.  She fought the fight, she kept the faith, she pointed others to Jesus, and on Saturday night at 9:30 she met Him face to face.  I know that I know that I know that He said to her, "Well DONE good and faithful servant."  She suffered more than anyone I know and yet she always pointed others to His goodness and faithfulness and love.  She wrote letters to her children for all to read that hold more amazing theology than I have heard from many pastors...if you want to read them, go here (and click on the topic of "Journal" they are entitled "What I want you to know about...")...you will be inspired and challenged, I promise.  She always had words of encouragement for me even when my problems were far smaller than hers.  She was 37...she leaves behind 3 young children and one husband...please pray for them - can you even imagine the loss that they feel?

Life is short, folks.  Really short.  Make sure that you are living for eternity because our lives here are but a vapor.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss and will be praying for Laura's family and for all of her friends. You are right...we are here only for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura and I were friends in college and I've totally been down memory lane these last couple of days..... pulling out marriage pictures (we were in each other's weddings), telling my boys stories about her, etc. I adore Laura Black. Tonight at her visitation, it was neat to see all the people who felt the same way..... such a legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I will read the letter but know in doing so I'll cry many tears so I'll wait until the girls are in bed.

    What a loving wonderful tribute you have given your friend.

    Praying for all that knew and loved Laura during this time of loss.

    ReplyDelete